Christmas brings with it so many food leftovers and if you’re like me, throwing them in the bin is the last thing you want to do. Bread and butter pudding is the perfect use for all your leftover bread, fruit and milk so I got experimenting in the kitchen and came up with the perfect solution for all those leftover ginger biscuits and gingerbread.
This recipe is by Sam and I but we thought we would share it with all of you with some step by step photo instructions…
- 250g Ginger biscuits
- 600ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 25g Sugar, plus one tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Butter to grease
- Grease your dish and preheat the oven to 180°c
- Make a layer with half of the ginger biscuits
- Sprinkle with one teaspoon of cinnamon
- Make another layer of ginger biscuits with the other half
- Sprinkle with another teaspoon of cinnamon
- Warm through your milk on the hob, until hot
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale
- Add the milk to the sugar and egg mix
- Now pour this over your biscuit layers
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar
- Leave to stand for at least half an hour so that the biscuits can soak in all that flavour
- Put in the oven for half an hour or until golden and just going crispy
- Serve with custard or cream and enjoy!
If like us you are making it for a party that evening, you can cook it and then simply reheat for 5 minutes in the oven when you need it.
Whilst you’re at it – why not make a classic bread and butter pudding!
PS… I know as there isn’t any butter in this recipe that it’s not actually a bread and butter pudding but as that’s what we drew our inspiration from, I kept it in the name!